If perhaps you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Strasburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Strasburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Strasburg, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Strasburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the expertise to know how to handle patients who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As in just about any career, you are going to be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Strasburg, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013