If perhaps you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Strasburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Strasburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Strasburg, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Strasburg, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the expertise to know how to handle patients who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As in just about any career, you are going to be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Strasburg, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013