Maybe you’re thinking of changing professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Unionville, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Unionville, MO should provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the US experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you will need the skills to be able to manage patients who are fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As with almost every profession, you are part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the variety of work can vary tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Unionville, MO shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013