If you’re contemplating switching professions, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Upland, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you will be able to change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Upland, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Upland, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Upland, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the ability to be able to handle patients who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any job, you are part of an office team. You need to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the nature of the tasks varies considerably from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Upland, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013