Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Waynesboro, TN. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Waynesboro, TN?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Waynesboro, TN must provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Waynesboro, TN
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Pharmacy
- And more...
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the expertise to know how to deal with patients who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As with just about any career, you are part of a team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the variety of work varies greatly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure the you choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Waynesboro, TN displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013