Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wellsboro, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Wellsboro, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Wellsboro, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wellsboro, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to be able to deal with people who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost every industry, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the variety of tasks varies drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Wellsboro, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013