Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wellsboro, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically quick certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Wellsboro, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Wellsboro, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wellsboro, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to be able to deal with people who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost every industry, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the variety of tasks varies drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Wellsboro, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013