Maybe you’re considering switching occupations, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wellston, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Wellston, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Wellston, MO must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wellston, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you need the skills to know how to manage patients who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As with almost any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work ranges drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wellston, MO shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013