Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are searching for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in West Newton, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you can change professions very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near West Newton, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in West Newton, PA must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in West Newton, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the United States encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As in nearly every vocation, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the type of tasks will vary greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to do more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near West Newton, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013