Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wind Gap, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Wind Gap, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Wind Gap, PA will provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wind Gap, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you should have the skills to understand how to manage people who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As in virtually any occupation, you are going to be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the type of tasks may differ greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to help you secure a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Wind Gap, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013