If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Womelsdorf, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you could change professions very quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Womelsdorf, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Womelsdorf, PA should provide the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Womelsdorf, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the skills to be able to deal with people who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As in almost any career, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks can vary considerably from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Womelsdorf, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013