Maybe you’re thinking of switching careers, and are searching for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wrightsville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty fast certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Wrightsville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Wrightsville, PA must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wrightsville, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the expertise to understand how to manage people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with almost every career, you are going to be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of work differs significantly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wrightsville, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013