If you’re thinking of changing careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Zanesville, OH. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change careers quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Zanesville, OH?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Zanesville, OH must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Zanesville, OH
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of men and women in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the skills to be able to manage patients who are afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As with almost every profession, you are a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the variety of work will vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure the you choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field at the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Zanesville, OH displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Zanesville, OH reviewed by Tex LEWIS on April 8.
Thank You for sharing such a great site. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’ve now started my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013