If you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Alburtis, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat swift certification program, it is possible to change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Alburtis, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Alburtis, PA must offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Alburtis, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the expertise to understand how to manage people who are fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to soothe worried patients.
As with almost any career, you are going to be part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks differs greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Alburtis, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013