Maybe you’re thinking of changing careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Ashley, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Ashley, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Ashley, PA should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ashley, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the expertise to be able to handle patients who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As in just about any career, you will be part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the nature of the work differs greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make sure the you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Ashley, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013