If you’re considering changing occupations, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Baden, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Baden, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Baden, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Baden, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the ability to know how to deal with patients who are fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As with almost every job, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of work varies significantly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Baden, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013