If you’re considering switching professions, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Bolivar, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat swift certification program, it is possible to change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Bolivar, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Bolivar, MO will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bolivar, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you need the ability to be able to handle patients who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in almost every profession, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work ranges tremendously from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Bolivar, MO shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013