If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Bonne Terre, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you could change careers in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Bonne Terre, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Bonne Terre, MO will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bonne Terre, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the skills to know how to handle individuals who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As with nearly every industry, you are part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of work may differ tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Bonne Terre, MO shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013