Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Boyertown, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Boyertown, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Boyertown, PA should offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Boyertown, PA
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to be able to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As in just about any job, you are part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary drastically from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Boyertown, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013