If perhaps you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Brackenridge, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Brackenridge, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Brackenridge, PA must offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Brackenridge, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with top grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the skills to be able to handle patients who are fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being secure enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As in almost any vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the tasks can vary tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Brackenridge, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013