If you’re thinking of switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Brownsville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Brownsville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Brownsville, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Brownsville, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the ability to understand how to deal with patients who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in nearly every career, you are a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of work may differ considerably from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Brownsville, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013