If you’re thinking of switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Brownsville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Brownsville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Brownsville, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Brownsville, PA
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the ability to understand how to deal with patients who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in nearly every career, you are a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of work may differ considerably from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Brownsville, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013