If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Bryn Mawr, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Bryn Mawr, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Bryn Mawr, PA will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bryn Mawr, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the expertise to know how to deal with people who are afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with almost every job, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work can vary drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Bryn Mawr, PA shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013