If you’re thinking of switching careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Cambridge City, IN. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you could change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Cambridge City, IN?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Cambridge City, IN should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cambridge City, IN
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to deal with individuals who are terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you are going to be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the work differs significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Cambridge City, IN listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013