Maybe you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Cambridge Springs, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Cambridge Springs, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Cambridge Springs, PA must offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cambridge Springs, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the ability to be able to manage people who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As in almost any industry, you are a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the type of tasks varies greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Cambridge Springs, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013