If you’re considering switching professions, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Camdenton, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Camdenton, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Camdenton, MO will offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Camdenton, MO
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the skills to be able to deal with people who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As with almost any job, you are going to be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the variety of work varies greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Camdenton, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013