Maybe you’re thinking about switching professions, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Cameron, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty fast certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Cameron, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Cameron, MO will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cameron, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the United States encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the experience to soothe nervous patients.
As in just about any industry, you will be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of tasks may differ tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Cameron, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013