If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Centerville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you can change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Centerville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Centerville, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Centerville, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the skills to know how to deal with individuals who might be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As with virtually any industry, you are a part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work will vary considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Centerville, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013