If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Centerville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you can change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Centerville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Centerville, PA should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Centerville, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the skills to know how to deal with individuals who might be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As with virtually any industry, you are a part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work will vary considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Centerville, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013