If you’re considering changing professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Chester Heights, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you could change careers quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Chester Heights, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Chester Heights, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Chester Heights, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the skills to know how to manage people who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with just about any occupation, you are going to be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the nature of the tasks differs drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Chester Heights, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013