Maybe you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in China, ME. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near China, ME?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in China, ME must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in China, ME
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of men and women in the United States suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the ability to understand how to manage patients who are fearful of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As in nearly every career, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the type of work ranges significantly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near China, ME displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013