Maybe you’re thinking about changing careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Churchill, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Churchill, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Churchill, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Churchill, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the expertise to know how to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As with almost every industry, you are going to be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Churchill, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013