If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Clarkson Valley, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, it is possible to change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Clarkson Valley, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Clarkson Valley, MO must provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Clarkson Valley, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the skills to know how to manage individuals who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to calm worried patients.
As with almost any industry, you are going to be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work will vary greatly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Clarkson Valley, MO shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013