Maybe you’re thinking about switching professions, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Cleona, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Cleona, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Cleona, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cleona, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the ability to know how to handle people who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to calm worried patients.
As with virtually any occupation, you will be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the nature of the tasks will vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Cleona, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013