Maybe you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Concordia, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you will be able to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Concordia, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Concordia, MO must offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Concordia, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the expertise to understand how to deal with individuals who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with virtually any vocation, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the type of work varies considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Concordia, MO shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013