Maybe you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are searching for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Conway, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you will be able to change careers quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Conway, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Conway, PA will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Conway, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the skills to understand how to handle individuals who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As with nearly every career, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks differs tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Conway, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013