Maybe you’re thinking about switching professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Coopersburg, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Coopersburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Coopersburg, PA must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Coopersburg, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to understand how to handle people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As with almost every occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of tasks differs greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Coopersburg, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013