Maybe you’re thinking about switching professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Coopersburg, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change careers in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Coopersburg, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Coopersburg, PA must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Coopersburg, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to understand how to handle people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As with almost every occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of tasks differs greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Coopersburg, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013