If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in East Lansdowne, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you will be able to change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near East Lansdowne, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in East Lansdowne, PA must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in East Lansdowne, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to handle patients who may be fearful of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to calm worried patients.
As in almost any vocation, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks varies significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being part of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you select offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near East Lansdowne, PA shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013