If perhaps you’re thinking of switching professions, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in East McKeesport, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near East McKeesport, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in East McKeesport, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in East McKeesport, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to understand how to deal with individuals who are terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in virtually any career, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of work can vary tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near East McKeesport, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013