Maybe you’re considering changing careers, and are seeking a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Ebensburg, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather quick certification program, it is possible to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Ebensburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Ebensburg, PA will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ebensburg, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the skills to be able to handle individuals who might be scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As with nearly every industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the work can vary greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Ebensburg, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013