If you’re thinking of changing careers, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Eldon, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you could change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Eldon, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Eldon, MO should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Eldon, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the skills to know how to handle individuals who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost any job, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks can vary considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Eldon, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013