Maybe you’re considering changing professions, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Emsworth, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change professions quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Emsworth, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Emsworth, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Emsworth, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the US encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to know how to deal with individuals who may be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As with almost any profession, you are part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the type of tasks differs tremendously from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Emsworth, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013