If perhaps you’re contemplating switching professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Espanola, NM. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change professions quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Espanola, NM?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Espanola, NM should offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Espanola, NM
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you must have the expertise to understand how to manage patients who might be scared of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As in almost every vocation, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the nature of the work will vary drastically from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box at the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Espanola, NM listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Espanola, NM reviewed by Alexandra DUNCAN on June 22.
Thank You for sharing such an informative website. I was able to find more info about the various schools in my area and found one that worked for my situation. I’ve now started my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013