If perhaps you’re contemplating switching careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Etna, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Etna, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Etna, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Etna, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to know how to deal with individuals who are scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As in just about any vocation, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks differs greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Etna, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013