If perhaps you’re contemplating switching careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Etna, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you could change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Etna, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Etna, PA will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Etna, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to know how to deal with individuals who are scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As in just about any vocation, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks differs greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Etna, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013