If perhaps you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Evendale, OH. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, it is possible to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Evendale, OH?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Evendale, OH will offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Evendale, OH
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Health Care Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Veterinary Assistant
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. As many as 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to understand how to manage people who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical experience to calm nervous patients.
As with almost every job, you will be a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the type of tasks ranges greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Evendale, OH listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013