If perhaps you’re thinking of switching professions, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Fleetwood, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you can change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Fleetwood, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Fleetwood, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fleetwood, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the expertise to understand how to handle patients who are scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with almost any vocation, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the type of tasks ranges tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Fleetwood, PA shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013