If perhaps you’re contemplating switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Forest Acres, SC. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically quick certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Forest Acres, SC?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Forest Acres, SC will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Forest Acres, SC
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the ability to know how to handle people who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As with almost every vocation, you are going to be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of tasks differs drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Forest Acres, SC displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013