Maybe you’re contemplating switching professions, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Fredericksburg, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Fredericksburg, TX?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Fredericksburg, TX must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fredericksburg, TX
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the ability to understand how to manage patients who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As with almost any occupation, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the variety of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure the school you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Fredericksburg, TX listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013