If you’re thinking of switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Graceville, FL. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Graceville, FL?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Graceville, FL should offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Graceville, FL
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at ultimatemedical.edu/gainful-employment.pdf and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement and occupations.
- Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions
- Medical Assistant
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the US have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to know how to deal with people who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As with just about any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the nature of the work will vary drastically from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Graceville, FL displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013