If you’re considering changing occupations, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Grapevine, TX. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Grapevine, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Grapevine, TX should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Grapevine, TX
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you will need the ability to be able to deal with individuals who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As with almost every vocation, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the nature of the tasks may differ considerably from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field at the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Grapevine, TX listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Grapevine, TX reviewed by Chris LEE on May 1.
Thank You for sharing such an informative site. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013