If perhaps you’re considering switching occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Henrietta, TX. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you could change professions fairly quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Henrietta, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Henrietta, TX will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Henrietta, TX
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Approximately 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you need the skills to be able to manage people who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to relax nervous patients.
As in almost any profession, you are part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks ranges drastically from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Henrietta, TX shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013