If you’re considering switching occupations, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Holden, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Holden, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Holden, MO will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Holden, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the skills to understand how to manage people who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every profession, you are going to be part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work varies considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Holden, MO shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013