If you’re considering switching occupations, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Holden, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Holden, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Holden, MO will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Holden, MO
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the skills to understand how to manage people who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every profession, you are going to be part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of work varies considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Holden, MO shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013