If perhaps you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Hughesville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively quick certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Hughesville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Hughesville, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Hughesville, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to be able to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to calm nervous patients.
As with almost any industry, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Hughesville, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013