If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Hurricane, WV. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat swift certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Hurricane, WV?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Hurricane, WV will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Hurricane, WV
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. Up to 75 percent of all adults in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the expertise to know how to handle individuals who might be scared of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to relax frightened patients.
As in just about any occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of work will vary significantly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field towards the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Hurricane, WV listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Hurricane, WV reviewed by Lily MCDONALD on June 4.
Thank You for creating such an informative site. I was able to find more info about the various schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013